December 30, 2008

Controlled Substances and AED's

Some things are odd and one encounters them in strange ways. For example, a friend of mine with E. who still drives was arrested a couple of weeks ago. The charge was not her driving, although the cop who stopped her said he did not like her lane change. 

Nope, my friend's major error was that she had medications on her in an unmarked pill box that fell under the controlled substances act. You see, Big Brother is watching!

She had a dose of Xanax and one of phenobarbitol among her pills, but since these were not in their original pill bottles, complete with pharmacy and prescription numbers, she was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.

Her advice to everyone is that if you must travel with your meds, do so only if they are in their original bottles. This constitutes the proof you will need that they have been legitimately prescribed to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't she prove by her doctor, or have the police go with her to her home, and see the bottles with the prescriptions for them legally? Or they wanting to be asswipes, and charge her anyway? As many pills as I take, I'd have to carry a suitcase, to carry all my stuff! I take very strong Loratabs for pain and 10mg. Valium 4 times a day! They'd think I was a real druggie!! Sun hasn't shined all day here. I went with neighbor to Ottumwa to the barbershop, then to Fareway Grocery Store for 2-1/2 gallons of Orange juice and back home. It is pretty cool here only 32º above. No snow, rain or ice though, thank God. I still think those cops asswipes were giving that woman the shaft!! Or were some of the drugs she had not prescribed for her? Ron Scott

Anonymous said...

Couldn't she prove by her doctor, or have the police go with her to her home, and see the bottles with the prescriptions for them legally? Or they wanting to be asswipes, and charge her anyway? As many pills as I take, I'd have to carry a suitcase, to carry all my stuff! I take very strong Loratabs for pain and 10mg. Valium 4 times a day! They'd think I was a real druggie!! Sun hasn't shined all day here. I went with neighbor to Ottumwa to the barbershop, then to Fareway Grocery Store for 2-1/2 gallons of Orange juice and back home. It is pretty cool here only 32º above. No snow, rain or ice though, thank God. I still think those cops asswipes were giving that woman the shaft!! Or were some of the drugs she had not prescribed for her? Ron Scott