Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who Will Help Represent US?

Yeah, Clinton's correct. There is also no urgency in funding even though people die from Epilepsy more frequently than they do from AIDS each year in the United States. 

One of the things I know we need is a human face. If we are going to engender support for Epilepsy research and awareness, we will need a very public person to stand out and up on our behalf. 

I think we should collectively make a list of persons we think might make excellent spokespersons for us at a national level.  Someone with E. would be best, I think, but I could be wrong...

1.  Bill Clinton
2.  Neil Young
3.  George Clooney
4.  Senator John McCain
5.  Greg Grunberg
6.  Oprah Winfrey

OK---I have run dry of ideas, but if you can suggest some others, I will add them in. So far on the list, the only person with E. is Neil Young. 


2 comments:

Linda said...

There is an actor on the hit show "HEROES" that is already a spokesperson for Epilepsy and he's fairly new on the scene (has a son with Epilepsy). He plays officer Matt Parkman, and his real name is Greg Grunberg. He's great. I think he's the chairman of The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles. He also has worked with the Pediatric Epilepsy Project at UCLA.

yanub said...

Would you please post the link to where you found the Clinton quote?

Greg Grunberg is a good choice, but he is already sorta busy on an epilepsy campaign, so I'm not sure how he would be doing anything different.

A Scent of Angels: Falling into a Tonic Clonic Seizure

First, comes the scent---the Angels are present. Next comes the fall, and I feel a brushing of wings, growing stronger, more intense until ...