Sunday, August 19, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Okay, here are the Rules to this particular game of tag:
1. Let others know who tagged you
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts
4. Players should tag 8 other people and tell them they've been tagged.

I placed the Rules at the beginning because I didn't know how to play at first and I love games. However, I think I have a sort of inferiority complex, owing to my least favored status on the playground in elementary school, junior high school and high school. Both Seahorse (the Beauty Offensive) and Penny Richards (Disability Studies, Temple U.) have made me feel terrific because they said "I choose you".

Random Facts About Myself:

1. I am the self-declared world expert on redheads...one day, if I ever become a disciplined sort, I will write the book and it will be fabulous.

2. I am fascinated by statements of denial: I have a cousin in Mississippi who was born in Texas and grew up his entire life in California. He tells me when he passes away, not to mention the California part of his life---because he wants to be remembered as a Texan. Hmmm.

3. I love patchouli oil. Ever since my hippie days, I have been in love with this pungent parfum. I wear it very rarely, but it sparks my imagination...

4. I have proposed, since I was 12 years old, that I live to reach 100. Imagine the wonders one might observe along the way...

5. Lime green is my least favorite color, perhaps owing to the many attempts shop girls have made to put me into clothing of this hue. Just because my hair is red, does not mean I want to look like an American leprechaun.

6. I still believe one person can make a difference.

7. I love fairy tales and have been reading them since they were first read to me by a young Uncle of mine.

8. I am a folksinger. Protest songs, ballads, union organizing songs---you name it! I love the music, I love the folks who have made these expressions and believe it should be continued.

Well, these are my eight things, randomly stated. I choose Sadi Ranson-Polizzotti (Tant Mieux), Anthony Risser (Brainblog), Phillip (disabled-help.org), Rick O'Shea (DZ-015 - The Half-Arsed Blog Of RTE 2FM's Rick O'Shea), Emeriol (Living with Epilepsy), Joshua Kors (JoshuaKors.com), David (Growing Up With A Disability), and the ever-popular Goldfish (Diary of a Goldfish).

For lots of reasons, I choose each of you: perhaps because I want to know more of you, or it could be because I want others to know more of you, or because each of you has something witty or wonderful to add to this game of tag.

Play if you like, refuse if you would rather---just remember I wanted each of you on my team.

1 comment:

Philip. said...

Hi Paula and thanks for tagging me :-)

I'm going to have a think and jot down 8 facts which hopefully people will find interesting.

When I have I will come back and post them and then think of which 8 victims I am going to tag.

Back soon.

Philip

A Scent of Angels: Falling into a Tonic Clonic Seizure

First, comes the scent---the Angels are present. Next comes the fall, and I feel a brushing of wings, growing stronger, more intense until ...